In the first roundtable episode of season six, we sit down with Ishan Nath and Kevin Beauchemin to discuss interesting articles we've collected from around the web. In the course of our conversation, we dissect the 2016 election (and broader voter behavior), discuss the importance of political norms in ancient Rome, and talk about the prevalence of anxiety in America and how we can calm our nerves (hint: it's not the fidget spinner).
The articles we discuss include:
- "The mystery of the 2016 election was its normalcy" by Ezra Klein
- "Liberal-Conservative Divide -- Americans Self-Segregate Culturally" by David French
- "Roman Fever" by Rob Goodman
- "Prozac Nation is Now the United States of Xanax" by Alex Williams
- "The Nature Fix: The Three-Day Effect" by Florence Williams