In episode 01, we talked with Danny about two of our favorite breakfasts that you can make in advance. We love these two recipes because they are delicious, pretty easy to assemble, and save us a ton of time in the early mornings. We hope you like them too!
Makes 8 burritos
8 large wraps (we like these)
eggs (we use 15-16 but feel free to change this if you want more/less egg in your burrito)
spinach (we used almost a full bag but, again, it's up to you!)
1-2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
your favorite cheese, shredded or crumbled
salt & pepper, to taste
your favorite spices
1. roast or fry or steam sweet potato cubes with your choice of spices
2. wilt spinach and pat dry
3. scramble eggs with salt/pepper/your choice of spices (be careful not to over cook them!)
4. once all the ingredients are cool, layer them down the center of each wrap, making sure to divvy them up evenly among all your wraps, and sprinkle with cheese
5. fold the sides of the wraps over, wrap the burritos with foil, and then wrap them with plastic wrap
If sealed well, these burritos will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you want to eat one for breakfast, we recommend taking it out of the freezer the night before. The next morning, unwrap the burrito and stick it in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
Makes 1 serving
equal parts (e.g. 1/3 or 1/2 c. of each):
yogurt (we like plain Greek yogurt but flavored would be great too!)
raw whole (old-fashioned) oats
1 T. ground flaxseed or chia seeds
1 t. cinnamon
1/4-1/2 t. vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl or small pyrex
2. Add your choice of fruit (bananas are always a solid choice but, in season, blueberries and peaches are amazing)
3. Submerge the fruit in the oat mixture
4. Cover and place in the fridge overnight
Enjoy the next morning! You could also make up a few batches at once to eat during the week.